Retirement planning: Plan ahead now so you can reap the benefits later!
Whether you are already retired, close to it, or just getting started in your career, it is never too early to start thinking about retirement planning. Unfortunately, for many people life gets in the way and retirement planning is put on the back burner until retirement suddenly appears right around the corner.
Some of the benefits of starting your retirement planning now instead of later include:
- Providing long-term security for your family's future
- Tax-free contributions: Pre-tax contributions are subject to income tax only after withdrawal - typically when you retire
- Protection from bankruptcy creditors if you need to declare bankruptcy
- Selection of retirement plans (IRAs, SIMPLE Plans, SEP plans, Keogh plans and 401(k) plans) to meet everyone's needs
The key to successful retirement planning is an understanding your current financial situation, projecting future needs and developing a plan to make sure it happens. If you have already started saving for retirement, how do you know you are saving enough to live the comfortable lifestyle you deserve? Are your income expectations realistic? Are you sure you have your money in the right retirement plan for you?
Our Retirement Planning Services
Tax rules regarding retirement plans are complex. Each benefit plan has specific requirements as outlined by the IRS and not every plan can be used by everyone. For example, contributions limits vary by the type of plan, your income and your age. Some plans may require withdrawals at a certain age, while others have no age limit. Some withdrawals are taxed at retirement, while others are tax free. You will need to understand the tax implications of your retirement planning choices.
That is why it is best to utilize tax professionals like CBH. When you use our retirement planning services, you benefit from our in-depth knowledge and years of retirement planning experience.
Here is what we do for you:
- Evaluate your current financial situation, including assets and liabilities to achieve an overall value for your estate
- Calculate the best way to withdraw funds from your 401(k), IRA, Roth IRA, and other retirement plans, and whether to take the lump sum or installments over a certain number of years
- Create a budget that meets your retirement goals
- Review your individual social security account to determine when to begin taking your social security benefits
- Determine which retirement plan works best for you and your family and how much you need to contribute now to make sure you have enough money to live comfortably during your golden years
- Determine whether you or your small business qualifies for a tax credit for contributing to an IRA
- Develop a comprehensive retirement plan, all while keeping in mind that it is likely to change over the years as your life changes
Start Planning Your Financial Future Now
There is no time like the present to start planning your financial future. If you are ready to start planning for your retirement years, call CBH. Please do not wait until it is too late. We will help you make sure your retirement years are nothing but financially enjoyable.